Monday, November 10, 2014

ATB & 100 Proof Press November Block Hop

Talk about a meeting of the minds:  The Artists on the Block and lovely stamps from 100 Proof Press!
One day, a package of mysterious forms arrived in my box.  With just a few folds, I learned that two halves make the whole of a box.
Paper scraps work well with this type of design. In this case, old paper.  French paper.
Copious amounts of Dylusions and Distress Inks join in on the play.  Your fingers will sport rainbows.

Daub with paper towel scraps to blend and tone down color.  Wait.  Who am I kidding?  There is no "toning down" of color.  I did, however, dry brush a bit of white Gesso in various areas just add a bit of cloudy whatchamacallit.
Begin stamping and building.  What better combination than owls, sugar skulls, all things celestian and a bit of the mystic, as well.  Add ephemera:  German scrap, beads, stars, and washi tape. 




3 comments:

Meme said...

Your ATB's are fabulous! I love the bright and bold colors and the stamp choices are Fabulous!
Great job!!!!

Amy* said...

Kersten your colorful and creative ATB tower sings to my rainbow loving soul! I could stare at this gorgeous creation ALL day!

Amy*

Redanne said...

Wow Kersten, your blocks are fabulous, I just adore those wonderful colours you have used - so glad you did not tone it down too much.