Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Story Girl Writes a Letter

I've only just returned recently from my second summer residency in my MFA program, and even though I'm studying poetry, "Story Girl" resonates. The ATC I made just prior to leaving and the mail art is the letter I wrote to a friend about residency upon my return.  Both use these wildly funky Gretchen Ehrsam backgrounds that with enough play on page can be mesmerizing.


For Story Girl, I inked up the Typewriter with Heart (kp5044) using StazOn Jet Black ink.  This I stamped onto a precut glossy cardstock piece just shy the size of an ATC.  I stamped an identical version onto a sticky note to serve as a mask.  Once I applied the mask to the card, I used about five different hues of Distress ink on Gretchen Ehrsam's background stamp, Umbrellas (ge2843).  The expression Story Girl (kp5059) was stamped out on a scrap glossy strip.  It was glued first to black cardstock and layered onto the card.  Once the Distress inks dried, I adhered the card to an ATC back, and added a bit of colorful acrylics and glitter glue to the edges.


And just for kicks - the mail art that began its flight to Paris yesterday...for this I used Mixed Border (mk592f) and Evening Starflower (db4785g).

No comments: