Thursday, July 17, 2014

Rubbermoon: True Free Spirit Art Journal Page


July is the place where art journal meets writing journal.  I spend much of my July north - attending the latest writing residency as I write to earn my MFA in Creative Writing/Poetry. 


This page sat for a long time with just sky and Lone Pine and "True Free Spirit."  I loved it for its simplicity and textured sky.  The background is comprised of acrylic paints:  orange, two blues, a bit of teal, and a scraping of white.  I tore and adhered two green pieces of tissue paper before embossing Lone Pine on the page.


I fished out from my scrap box a pretty piece of wrapping paper from a friend and on it, dashed a bit of writing I had in front of me.  This I layered to a patch of tissue paper and cornered it off with pieces of bright Washi tape.  Voila!  The two arts of stamping and writing meet!

All stamps by Rubbermoon.

No comments: