Saturday, March 29, 2014

SPA: Down on the Farm






Sunday Postcard Art:  Farm 

Southeast Alaska - not too many farms on this particular island.  So I've created a fence-less farm, an imaginative farm, a farm of owls.  My whorl of a background was inspired by another artist, however.  I shared a link to her work this morning on my Facebook page.  It's titled Milky Way Galaxy Quilt by Sheila Arthur.  My card does not do it justice, but am happy to say I spent a bit of my morning in happy zone with sequins and glue.

Here's Sheila Arthur's work:


 

9 comments:

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

I love the idea of an owl farm! Your artwork is gorgeous. And the quilt that inspired it is fabulous.

Deann said...

A very whimsical and pretty postcard even with out a barn it is awesome.

Karla B said...

This is fabulous!

JackieP Neal said...

Love the fun owl farm as well as the felting piece!!

linda said...

Love those funny, whimsical owls

Connie said...

Your creativity is always so creativity and wonderful. You must be a fun person to me around. I know this because your art always puts a smile on my face.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

peggy gatto said...

Fabulous idea and creation!!!

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

Oh Yay! I love your owl farm and I love that it doesn't have a fence. They are there just because they want to be!!! A great job!

Betty

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

A wonderful owl farm