Friday, November 1, 2013

Walking Into Autumn...Happy November!

Tonight is Halloween, the night of all kinds of mayhem and merriment for old souls and new.  My daughter dressed as Harry Potter and ran into friends and family alike downtown during early evening trick-or-treating.    Not even her wand could spark a change in the weather which seemed to change on a whim:  rain, sleet, hail, sun/rainbow, thunder boomers, a dusting of snow in the high country...very odd weather, indeed.  And now we walk further into autumn.
I was recently selected to come up with some creative artsy pieces for my all time favorite Rubbermoon.  Can you say, "Over the moon?"  Yes! :)  This ATC of witch hat raven walking on leaves under brilliant moon and stars was my jump into Rubbermoon (in ATC format) and my walk into November (in small canvas format).
The canvas background is foiled with about four different pages of orange, turquoise and gold.  Stick and rip, stick and rip again.  From there I layered and adhered a couple of decorative papers - green and owl.  My ATC was added last.
I'm a little keen on this witch raven stamp - as I am in how our infrequent fall sun shimmers on the foil in direct light.  And the moon makes perfect friend for fall wandering raven.
Canvas on fall altar, ready for November.  Happy Halloween, Happy Fall, Happy Rubbermoon, Enjoy!

7 comments:

rubbermoon said...

Ahhh This piece is a a real treat! i was not sure how you made that super background ... I was FOILED again....It is SO RubberMoon! And Your colors are SO me!! I cannot say thank you enough for sharing your RM love! I dig this and think everyone will be RAVEN about it! LOL (i couldn't resist)!! xokp

ncurryartiste said...

What a perfect fall celebration. I am a big fan of ravens of all thing. I think I bonded over nevermore. You took it to the next level. It was a great idea to add it to the canvas. OMG....you could have it be interchangeable and make more for next year featuring all the cool RubberMoon fall and Halloween stamps!!! I love it.

Linda said...

Love this piece! So nice to see those fall colors just one more time:)

Barb Rogers said...

Wonderful piece..great JOB!

Palma said...

Fabulous! I have always love their designs!

wfedan said...

Very nice piece! Gorgeous! I like the owl pattern and the foil must give it a nice shine in person.

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

This is fabulous! So much detail Amazing job