Monday, April 9, 2012

Dog Is Love.

Time to get my fingers inky...I was delighted by a local story that I've been following now for a few days. A ten-month old golden retriever/black lab mix was abandoned in a nearby village, Kake.  Pup was placed in the informal kennel, what amounted to a a few dog runs in a chain link fenced area.  He was given the weekend to find a new family.  That's when local writer and very cool friend of canines stepped in.  Kathy I. arranged to have pup flown to Sitka on Harris Air, set up an appointment for him to have shots updated, and even has a forever home arranged for him on the other coast.  She does good things for dogs.  Here's a picture of said pup taken by Kathy I. and posted to Facebook:
Look at that smile!  So what better opportunity to put to work my new Magenta stamp. It was released about a year ago.  Proceeds from its purchase were put towards canine rescue and assistance due to the tsunami in Japan.  So pup rescued by Kathy I., stamp used on card for Kathy, and charmed stamping time on a Monday night.  Win, win and win.

1 comment:

Pan's Daughter said...

What a sweet story and beautiful card! My heart smiles to know there are still happy endings...