Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Altered Journal: Tea or Wine

Wednesday Stamper:  Think Happy Thoughts
Theme Thursday:  Garden

So I've been reading The Art Journal Work Shop by Traci Bunkers and what a wild, colorful ride that is!  It's packed with clashing, colorful backgrounds, funky photos, eclectic fonts, and enough prompts to break through the worst case of writer's block.  It really is a fun read.

With that, I broke the seal tonight on the last Moleskine journal I picked up at Visions last summer and started a new art journal.  Collected some torn images from the Harney & Sons tea catalog that arrived in the mail yesterday, piled up a few choice acrylics, Copics, sequin waste, stamps, and began assembly.  Believe it or not, the biggest block for me in art journaling is my handwriting.  I suppose it's a good thing few can actually read it.  This fact alone might be advantageous in this type of journaling!

As for the page's topic, Tea or Wine.  This is the natural choice this late in May.  I am ready to give myself over to summer and three months of adventure.  Tonight I went with tea, but give me a few weeks and it will be wine. Fast forward to July and it will be wine with sistah April! :)

13 comments:

Kelly said...

beautiful card! love the images!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Amazing card and vibrant colors.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Beautiful!

johanna said...

wonderful journal page!

Junibears said...

Wonderfully vibrant! xx

Lorraine said...

excellent page..I mostly drink green tea but have a glass of wine with my dinner..that book looks good must go and visit amazon

Lori Saul said...

Wonderful color and collage of imagery Kersten!

belindaschneider said...

what a fabulous journal page! interesting drink duo :)

Faye said...

Wow, what creativity! I love your colorful journal page. I especially like the picture of the people picking tea leaves.

Hanne said...

This is really beautiful!
Hanne

Terri said...

I love it! I love the colors, the aliveness of the page and the theme.
Well done!
Hugs,
Terri

Dani Rogall said...

I like your composition!

Jeannette said...

amziang card and vibrant clors,i like too much.

Hugs Jeannette