Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lena, the Sun Dog




My sun girl Lena, our 13-year-old golden retriever passed this day with the help of Doc Bauder's relief vet who helped her take that walk into the woods. Like Olie, she led an adventurous, Alaskan life, but it was her loyalty and friendship and constant companionship that made her "my" dog. Bruce and I buried her up on Harbor Mt., next to Olie, but I'm willing to bet those two are romping the beach out at Starrigavin this sunset evening like five-year-old retrievers with an unlimited number of tennis balls, starfish victims, and getting as wet as they want.

4 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig,Cynnie said...

My heart goes out to you...what a sweet dog.

Athena said...

She's very beautiful indeed.

Karen Owen said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet.

Patti said...

I am so sorry- that kind of loss is always hard...