Monday, November 23, 2009

Raven Solstice Shrine

The Gothic Arch challenge for the next couple of weeks is to create a shrine. I've done just that in honor of raven and Winter Solstice and all things glittery and full of light. I once lived in the Arctic where there is more darkness than light this time of year and the sun doesn't crest the horizon. I still live in the north, though my little corner of Alaska isn't that far north. However, I walk to school in the dark, return home in the dark, and it really isn't until the weekend that I can truly soak up daylight. So yes, Solstice is celebrated in my home and so are ravens. :) If you can't read the text on the inside of my shrine, it reads, "Child of my dream, like shooting stars, light of my life." And on the other side, "Stars in the magic skies." I've included also the nub of a white chakra candle which is that of unfolding energies. And yes, this is all bundled up in a little Altoids tin. Enjoy the season!

10 comments:

Nigel said...

A stunning piece of work and I love the theme - but that's probably because I'm working on the same lines for mine :)

Ginger said...

What a wonderful art! Loved how you did your tin! Something am going to try very soon just to have one.Loved your blog!
hugs

Martina2801 said...

I am totally impressed by your shrine, Kersten. Wonderful work!

vintage wil said...

What a gorgeous art!!!

Athena said...

This is simply gorgeous!
The work and details are fabulous and what a fantastic tribute .

Nancy Maxwell James said...

this is fantastic! I love the gorgeous colors - amazing composition! :)

Effie said...

That is just fab!

Basement gal said...

Gorgeous, I'd like to know how you did that? What's it made out of?

Karen Owen said...

This is fabulous! I have a thing for black birds - crows, ravens - all of them.

Kris Dickinson said...

I love this gorgeous shrine!