Sunday, September 6, 2009

Back to School

I'm wearing two school hats this year - began my 14th year of teaching English and a return to French and an evening course at UAS for student teachers. The college class starts Tuesday night and runs through December 1st. As I worked on my postcard tonight, I kept toying with the idea of school marm and one-room school. Is the art of teaching easier now, or was it easier then? See all the lovely cards at Sunday Postcard Art. Collage images from Collagevisions; stamps by Oxford Impressions.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Great name for a blog and I love the choice in artwork. Good luck teaching in two places!

Femmy said...

great postcard!!

Dezinaworld said...

Kersten thats stunning as always you can work a collage brilliantly my friend. superb art!
Good luck with the course too
hugs June x

herminesplace said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Martina2801 said...

Stunning Postcard, Kersten!
Looks fantastic.

Rhonda said...

Great back to school piece - terrific background. Cheers!

terri d. said...

i love your piece! she looks as i've always imagined a school teacher to look back in the day. love these colors together too.

Contessa Kris said...

I ADORE the colors of this piece. Is that alcohol inks in the background?

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure hope Jackie likes them. Haven't heard back from her yet.

Talk to you soon at AG.

Cindy McMath said...

Kersten, this is fabulous! Love your background.

Cindy :)