Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fantasy Art Magic & Papers

The Crazy Amigo theme is open this week as our CrazyAmigos are on summer break. I decided to spend a lot time of this week (and last) working on an altered book that will be making its rounds in an Altered Gypsy swap starting September 1st (if you'd like to join, let me know and I'll add you to our list of 5!). My book's (an old German book) theme was intially going to be 'whimsy'. This turned to 'magic' and simply by luck of collage image placement, the final title is Fantasy Art Magic & Papers. I paper toweled several colors of fluid acrylics as a base, stamped flourishes with Gesso and used collge images from ArtChix and Lisa's Altered Art. Stamps are from Red Lead, Oxford Impressions and Somerset. I can't wait to see what art this book inspires!

10 comments:

Rein said...

Cheerful and very pretty!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

So beautiful! It jumped right out of my blog preview list and pulled me in for a closer look! Gorgeous, gorgeous colors!

Lorraine said...

love the colours

Yvonne said...

Fantastic colours!

LiveArt said...

Wow, love this!! sooo colourful and sweet!!!

Linda

Beth Jaffe thequeenofcups said...

I so love your use of gorgeous colors! You have a fabulous touch for color!
Beth♥

Sandy said...

OMG this is absolutely unique.
Brilliant colors and structure. Love them.

Thanks Kersten for your wonderful entry to SaWo.

paru's_circle said...

such vibrant colours!!!

vintage wil said...

Beautiful colors!!

whymsicalmusings said...

Just blog surfing and found your beautiful blog. I was looking for some inspiration for an altered Book for my Grand Daughter and This just drew me in!

Lovely lovely lovely

I am now a follower and definetly will be back:)
Becky