Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mermaids


Mermaid is the challenge this week for MMM. I knew I was holding on to my mermaid collage sheet from Altered Pages for a special reason/moment. Using it and a handful of cards from the former card catalog at our local library, I put together this little altered mermaid book. In all there are five pages with lots of paint and ink and stamped images and glitter, of course, and even a few little sea charms (bead, shell and mermaid holding a star) tangled up in the fibers. Each library card pertains to National Geographic, photography, and storytelling. This is going to be used for my next letter to Liisa in France as I left the back of each card blank.

21 comments:

Ozstuff said...

My goodness, what a lot of work - but what wonderful work! So worth the effort. This is a fantastic take on the theme.

Kris Dickinson said...

What a fantastic collage! LOVE all the mermaids! - Kris

mixedmediamonday said...

This is a wonderful book, Kersten! Lucky Liisa! Diane

Kelly said...

gorgeous pieces! love them all!

Lynn Stevens said...

What a Great book, would Love to see it in person!

indybev said...

What a delightful "convention" of mermaids! It's a charming little book. Applause.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is so beautiful! Great art piece!

herminesplace said...

geat collages.

Femmy said...

fantastic collage!! love it!

Jeanette said...

I love collage. What wonderful work you do. So inspiring to me.

Jeanette

P.S. I love Margarets Museum also.
In fact I seen all of those that you mentioned.

Anni's Art said...

Your mermaid book is fantastic, love alle the pages.

Rachel Bland said...

Fantastic art! Love it!

Buffy said...

I love your mermaid book. Beautiful.

Amy said...

wow-I adore your Mermaid cards..they are wonderful to look at..the fibers are fantastic.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Nan said...

Ok..this is just wonderful..I want to hang it in MY studio :) !

Janny said...

Great!!

Char said...

What a fabulous idea. Lovely.

Beth said...

This is just delightful!

runningonink said...

So awesome! What a great book! Lovely colors and textures! Mermaids ROCK!

*jean* said...

beautiful!!