Sunday, June 1, 2008

Gothic Arch: Spain

Frida Kahlo and Bob Dylan are about as close as I can get to Spain (Gothic Arch challenge) in perusing my art supplies. Reading up on Frida, I learned that her mother was of indigenous/Spanish descent. And Bob? I really like his song, "Spanish Boots of Spanish Leather". In white pen, I copied lyrics around the border of my arch from the last stanza,

"So take heed, take heed of the western wind
Take heed of stormy weather
And yes there is somethin' you can send back to me
Spanish boots of Spanish leather."

I was really tempted to go with Eliza Doolittle, but didn't have an Audrey stamp.

Background colors - streaked fluid acrylics, Frida by Lost Coast Designs and scrap stamp by Inka Stamps.

14 comments:

~*~Pandora's Artbox~*~ said...

Well done! Love the background...you could use this piece for today's Lots To Do Challenge...it's rainbows! ^___^

Karen Owen said...

What a thoughtful interpretation of the theme! I love it.

Judy said...

Fabulous colours, Kersten, truly beautiful!
JudyNZ

~*~Patty said...

Your arch is fantastic!!! I still want to do one! Beautiful piece of art you created!

Kris Dickinson said...

Love your interpretation! Great arch!

Femmy said...

fabulous colours!! love this very much!!

herminesplace said...

Beautiful and so colourful

filetta said...

Great Frida, it's really a queen ! your background is very beautiful !

Barbara Hagerty said...

This is fabulous! The colors you used are amazing! Very beautiful!!

truutske said...

Whow...love you interpretation.
Very great arch.

Mary-Beth said...

Wonderful interpretation! I love the background, fitting of Frida, I think!!

Ginger said...

Awesome i had forgotten about that song well thought of great work!

purplepaint said...

This is cool! Love your Freda image! Marva

vintage wil said...

wonderful hous !
fab. colors!!!