Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Heritage of Sisterhood: Grandmas, Moms, Daughters

There is a code to crack on this one. The Gothic Arch challenge this week is Heritage. I get that. Now before you look for my lovely ancestors or tidbits of Alaska in this one, you have to know that I spent all of Saturday evening creating two arches - one for Easter, the other for spring. My super intuition told me the theme would be one or the other. Wrong!

So after perusing both and putting bunny arch aside, I decided that even though this arch was intended for all things spring, there is heritage in it as well. That heritage surrounds the female members of my family tree: one grandma who loved beautiful things; another who was incredibly artistic; a mom whose creative talents are found in all things touched by her; and the little fairy, my daughter, who weaves her magic and imagination through all. The love of the natural world is another connection, making this very much about connection. Cheers!

14 comments:

KardKrazy said...

Well, there's a powerful group if ever there was one, that's for sure! Kersten, I just love the blues, greens and yellows in this arch! Thanks for partcipating this week!

Femmy said...

beautiful arch, great backgroundcolors!!!

dutchstamptramp said...

Gorgeous piece, love the colourcombination

Willy said...

What a GREAT arch!

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow fabulous arch. Great work.

Debby said...

Kersten, your arch is so gorgeous!! Love it.
Debby

Rein said...

Great arch!

herminesplace said...

Its gorgeous, love the colours.

Sally said...

This is just beautiful :)
Sally
x

friedaquilter said...

Beautiful colours, really gorgeous, love the rose and the yellow trim. In short, a stunning arch!

Patricia said...

Just beautiful and well composed. I love all the yellow.

Jacqueline's Craft Nest said...

This is very pretty - love the spring colours and ribbon around your arch like that!

Karen Owen said...

What a stunning arch and very feminine!

Nancy Maxwell James said...

I love the colors and composition of your arch! beautiful!