Sunday, March 16, 2008

Altan and Thistle and Shamrock

I live the Irish life vicariously through my Altan CDs, Thistle & Shamrock, the wee fairies dancing in my Alaskan flowerbeds, and Ballykissangel. Waking Ned Devine is also quite good if you're not Irish by blood, but looking for a fun movie during which to practice your not-so-fluent brogue.

This week's Gothic Arch challenge is Celtic. Timely, with tomorrow being St. Patty's Day. While I'll opt out of the corned beef and cabbage, I will post my arch in the spirit of the green and the coming of spring.

20 comments:

KardKrazy said...

Wonderful arch, Kersten!

Laura said...

You make the Leprechauns green with envy with this beauty!
Creatively Yours, Laura

Barbara Hagerty said...

I LOVE your arch! I love the glittery border with. . .is that crepe paper? And velvet? I LOVE it!!

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow Kersten this is really lovely. Brilliant arch.

Judy said...

Beautiful arch, Kersten!
Judy NZ

Tova said...

Beautiful irish touch !! Beautiful arch !

herminesplace said...

Beautiful and such a sweet image.

Francoise said...

wow kersten !
love your gothic arch : very beautiful

Mary-Beth said...

Kersten, this is a beautiful arch and the little leprechaun is so sweet!

I'm so glad you joined in!

Debby said...

WOW!!! This is just perfect. Love it!
Debby

truutske said...

It's a really lovely arch.

Maryanne said...

Green with envy. Fantastic.

carylsrealm said...

Wonderful arch!

friedaquilter said...

What a sweet leprechaun and the trim is gorgeous

filetta said...

so cute ! beautiful

Kris Dickinson said...

I love everything about your arch! Fab work!

Contessa Kris said...

You know I'm loving this Gothic arch, especially the crepe!

Just popping over to tell you I made a post about our virtual Jane Austen Book Club...
http://collagecontessa.blogspot.com/2008/03/jane-austen-virtual-book-club.html

~*~Patty said...

Your Irish arch is absolutely stunning, precious and wonderful!!!

violette said...

I love your arch
it's beautiful

Rein said...

Wonderful!